Please read the Terms and Conditions before booking any training.
- By booking any training with Colchester Kawasaki it Is deemed that you have fully read and accepted our Terms and Conditions. Throughout the Terms and Conditions, Colchester Kawasaki training may be described as “us” “our” or “we”. The students may be described as “you”.
- Colchester Kawasaki and its Instructors are authorised by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), to deliver Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) and pre-test training and we will abide with DVSA regulations.
- You must produce a valid UK driving license with provisional entitlement for motorcycles and a suitable form of identification (current passport) if you have an old-style licence.
- You must have no more than 6 penalty points on your licence within the last 5 years.
- You must not have been disqualified from driving during the last 3 years.
- If you have completed your Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) elsewhere, you must produce your certificate before you undergo any further training with us.
- If you are using your own machine, you must produce a valid certificate of insurance that covers your use of that vehicle on a road, vehicle excise license and current MOT certificate, if applicable.
- The student is responsible for any fines and endorsements as a result of any road traffic offence committed by them.
- Students must have a good understanding of the Highway Code prior to any training. Any student who doesn’t may have their training cancelled or extended.
- Training will be conducted in English. Students must be able to understand and follow English to a level that they can comply with instructions over a radio system. If a student attends a course of training without a good command of English, the training will be cancelled with no refund. If unsure please contact us prior to any booking.
- Students must be physically/ Mentally fit enough to complete a day’s training. We will not refund if you are unable to do so. If it is deemed by the instructor that it is not safe for you to continue, your training will be terminated and no refund will be offered.
Failure To Produce Documents
- If you fail to produce any of the required documents for a CBT course then training cannot commence. No refund will be issued.
- If you fail to produce the required documentation to the DVSA examiner on your practical tests, you will have the test terminated by the DVSA and the test fee will be lost. The DVSA will not refund a test fee for any reason whatsoever, once a test has been named, including serious medical conditions or accidents prior to the test.
Injuries & Accidents
- We will do everything within our power to ensure the safety of our students; however, riding any motorcycle or scooter carries some risk to the rider. The student must understand these risks and agree to undergo training at their own free will. The bikes are fully insured, but you are not. We will not pay for any lost days of work or damage to your personal kit in the event of an accident.
- If, when offered, you choose to not take the optional damage waiver and you cause damage the bike you will liable to pay the £700 insurance excess.
- The student must accept responsibility for their own actions during training and any possible injury caused. Students are responsible for the control of the motorcycle, we can only advise you verbally. Colchester Kawasaki and our instructors cannot accept liability or be subject to any claim for any injury or accident you may suffer whilst riding independency or accompanied.
- Any student that sustains an injury during their training will have their training stopped and medical attention will be sought if needed. We always recommend that medical attention is sought in all cases and that injuries are checked by a medical practitioner. However, if the student is happy to continue the training it will be at their own discretion.
- A deposit of £150 will be required to confirm the booking of a DAS course, the remaining balance must be paid on the first day of training.
- Full course fee of £95 or £109 is required to secure CBT booking
- DAS course deposit = £150 including test fees. (Test Fees will be refunded if cancelled in writing with at least 10 working days notice)
- All deposits are non-refundable and Colchester Kawasaki reserve the right to cancel, amend or re-arrange the dates and times of any booking, giving reasonable notice where possible.
- No refunds will be given if the terms and conditions set out in this document are breached or not met.
- Students that have applied for a Forces discount will only be awarded the said discount on production of an official Identity Card.
- When a course is discounted & advertised as such there will be specific terms and conditions stated with that offer. These terms and conditions of the offer are in addition to these Terms & Conditions.
- If a student starts a training course but then withdraws before completion, no refund will be issued and the training missed will not be transferred onto another course.
- In the event of any student riding in a dangerous manner or misusing the bikes and/or equipment, we reserve the right to terminate training with no refund being issued.
Cancellations & Rescheduling
Colchester Kawasaki Training School require sufficient notice if you (the customer) are cancelling all or any part of your training course. Notice of cancellation MUST be given in writing to Colchester Kawasaki Training school within the following time frames:
- For Mod 1 & Mod 2 tests we require 10 clear working days notice.
- For CBT’s or any other training sessions we require 7 clear working days notice.
If you fail to notify us of your cancellation within the specified time frames you will lose the fee paid for the training session and it will not be rearranged. Any further training booked will be charged at the specified rate. Colchester Kawasaki reserve the right to rearrange or cancel any motorcycle training at any time, where possible we will try to provide 24 hours notice.
Courses & Tests
- Full payment is required on the 1st day of training, any student who arrives without having paid the correct amount may have their training cancelled with no refund.
- We will endeavour to train student of similar ability on a course, where possible. If a student attends a course and is not up to a safe standard to continue, their test and possibly training may be cancelled with no refund due.
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that prior to their course (except CBT/2-wheel experience) they have passed their Motorcycle Theory Test. It is also the student’s responsibility to bring the certificate to both tests. If you book in for a course without a valid theory test certificate, the test(s) will have to be cancelled but the training will still go ahead. No refund will be given for the tests.
- If there is only 1 student on a DAS course, the timings will be reduced by 1.5 hours per day as they will receive 1-1 tuition.
DSA Practical Tests
- A1 light, A2 Medium and A Direct Access licenses are gained through a 2-part practical test (module 1 and module 2) It is a requirement of the DVSA that Module 1 is passed before Module 2 is attempted.
- If you fail Module 1, 3 clear working days are required before a further Module 1 test can be taken.
- If you fail Module 2, 11 clear working days are required before a further Module 2 attempt.
- We recommend that the Mod 1 test and Mod 2 test are separated by 10 working days. If, however, the student requires, for personal reasons, that the Mod 1 and Mod 2 are booked either on the same day or within 10 days of each other, the student must understand that if the Module 1 test is failed, the Module 2 test fee will be lost to the DVSA and any other subsequent tests will be charged at the standard DVSA test rate.
- If the student requires further training for a re-test of either Module 1 or Module 2, usual training fees apply.
- If a test is cancelled by the DVSA because of adverse weather & you have been taken to the test centre, you will be charged £99 for the instruction to test and the test fee will be carried over to the next test date.
- If a test is cancelled by the DVSA due to industrial action or an inability on the part of the DVSA to conduct the test, the student will be charged the full session fee which can be claimed back from the DVSA.
- If a student arrives late to our site, and this causes them to miss their test slot, no refund will be issued.
Hiring & Possible damage to bikes
- Bikes are motorcycles, scooters and mopeds.
- Kit includes: Helmet, Jacket, Gloves, Boots, Over-trousers, Training vests and radio equipment. If there is any damage to the kit when given to you it’s your responsibility to inform the Instructor of the fact, or you may be held liable.
- There are locker facilities available, students leave their valuables in them at their own risk.
- The students are responsible for the locker key, if this is lost then they will be charged £5 for a replacement.
- The bike and any damage to a 3rd party (person or vehicle) are covered with fully comprehensive insurance when undergoing actual training with us.
- Personal accident insurance is NOT included. You may wish to consult your own insurance broker for this.
- Like all insurance policies, our insurance has an excess to pay in the event of a claim, currently, this is £700. Accident damage to our vehicles will be charged up to the insurance excess. The cost of the damage will be assessed by Colchester Kawasaki Service department. The cost of said damage plus any labour costs will be expected immediately.
- Parts ordered for damaged bikes will be ordered by us from authorised and known suppliers only. We will not accept parts ordered by the student from unknown sources.
- If in the event of an accident the bike is beyond roadside repair, the rest of the session may be cancelled.
- An insurance excess waiver may be purchased at a cost of £15 a session. Students who purchase the insurance excess waiver prior to any training will not have to pay any additional monies for repair of the bike/and or helmet however this does not cover any remaining kit, therefore, payment to replace damaged items will be expected immediately.
- The full cost of replacement/repairs will be required for the loss or damage of keys and locks by students, even if the insurance excess has been purchased. Payment will be expected within 7 working days of notification. If there is any damage to the key when given to you it’s your responsibility to inform the instructor of the fact immediately or you will be held liable.
- Any delay in payment will result in immediate legal action. Colchester Kawasaki reserves the right to claim for loss of earnings if the vehicle is rendered off-road, damages and/or any related legal costs.
- We will endeavour to match students with a suitable bike for all motorcycle courses, however, if we think its unsafe for the student to ride a motorcycle due to its size or power, we will transfer the training to a more suitable bike.
- Our bikes are all thoroughly maintained and serviced, however, in the event of a mechanical breakdown we will endeavour to provide a substitute vehicle. If a test, session or course has to be cancelled we will organise further training and tests at no additional cost to the student. However, we will not cover any other further costs encountered by the student.
- In the event of a puncture, the training will be suspended until the vehicle is roadworthy and any lost time will be added on to another session. If the puncture occurs on or just prior to a test, any additional costs of the test and escort will be split 50/50 between the student and us.
- Students are NOT permitted to sit on, touch or ride any of our bikes without the direct permission of an instructor. Students riding a bike without the instructor being present or without our permission will have all of their training terminated immediately and they will be liable for any damaged incurred. No refund will be issued.
Hiring & Possible Damage To Kit
- We can normally provide the use of all necessary safety equipment (bar motorcycle boots & trousers), free of charge for those students that require it. This service is complimentary and it’s not a requirement for us to provide this service. We do hold a significant amount of motorcycle safety helmets and clothing in a verity of sizes to suit most normal head and body sizes, however, should a student not be able to find a helmet or item of clothing that fits, the student will have to provide his/her own. If a student is unwilling to purchase the necessary equipment or Colchester Kawasaki can’t provide it, the training will be cancelled with no refund of deposit.
- Students undergoing any test are advised that they MUST wear a pair of sturdy boots that cover the ankle and that allow easy use of the foot controls. We do not supply these, therefore, it’s the sole responsibility of the student to provide their own. No refund for missed tests will be given. Students undergoing other training are strongly advised to also wear suitable footwear as training may be cancelled with no refund offered.
- In the event that any kit/equipment is damaged, either by deliberate act or accident, the student will reimburse Colchester Kawasaki the cost to replace the damaged item immediately.
- All safety equipment is regularly checked to ensure it meets the required health and safety requirements. Students that require safety equipment should look after all equipment provided and return each item at the end of each training day. Any student caught stealing any kit/equipment will be banned from any further training at Colchester Kawasaki with no refund issued.
Students using their own bikes
- Any student using his/her own motorcycle for training must ensure that the vehicle complies with all legal requirements in existence at the time of training and/or testing.
- Vehicle road tax must be valid, L plates must be displayed front and rear, and vehicle tyres must be within the legal limits.
- The maintenance and reliability of the student’s vehicle shall be the student’s sole responsibility. If the vehicle breaks down the student will have the option to use one of our vehicles (if available) and the additional lesson fee will be charged at the time. If a vehicle is not available and the lesson has to be cancelled, then you will be charged the full session fee and no refund will be issued.
- Students turning up for training on un-roadworthy vehicles have the option to use one of our vehicles (if available) and the additional lesson fee will be charged at that time. If a vehicle is not available and the lesson has to be cancelled, then you will be charged the full session fee and no refund will be issued.
Full disclosure must be made by the student, at the time of booking, if he/she knows of any drug/medical/medication (prescription or otherwise) or condition that could impair his/her riding ability. Failure to disclose any issues that become apparent to us will result in the termination of the training. No refund will be issued.
On the CBT or the first day of training, you will be expected to read a number plate from the legally required distance of 20.5m. If visual aids are required to successfully complete the eyesight test, these visual aids must be worn when riding our vehicles. Failure to clearly read & pass the eyesight test will result in the immediate termination of the students training.
Alcohol & Drugs
Arriving for training under the influence of alcohol or drugs will result in the immediate cancellation of the entire training session. No refund will be given.
Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
Training and testing (as arranged with and conducted by the DVSA) to be at the time, date and place specified. All arrangements with the DVSA are subject to the terms and conditions of that body, over which Colchester Kawasaki has no control.
Any student behaving in an abusive or disruptive manner will have their training immediately terminated. They will be asked to leave the premises immediately and any incident may be reported to the police. No refund will be given for any remaining training.
Gift Vouchers issued by Colchester Kawasaki are valid for a period of 12 months from the date of issue. The gift vouchers must be presented upon commencement of the training. Colchester Kawasaki gift vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash or sold to a third party. No refunds for purchased gift vouchers will be given at any time. The purchaser of the gift voucher is responsible for ensuring the gift voucher recipient has all the necessary documentation required to undertake the training.
Valuables & Property
All personal property Is left on site at the student’s own risk. Valuables and other items can be locked away in the lockers provided by Colchester Kawasaki in the training classroom area. The key for said locker will become the student’s responsibility for the duration that they are using it. If a student loses a key they will be charged £5 for a replacement.
- Colchester Kawasaki reserves the right and at its discretion to refund the course fee in full, instead of providing training and/or testing.
- Colchester Kawasaki reserves the right to vary or change these terms and conditions without prior notice. Each student, upon booking any training, will be asked to read and agree to our current terms and conditions.
- Colchester Kawasaki reserves the right to vary or change all training course prices without prior notice.
- Colchester Kawasaki reserves the right to determine riding standards in all respects as criteria for submitting students for testing. Such criteria will be in accordance with regulations and guidance as issued by the DVSA.
- Colchester Kawasaki Terms & Conditions can and will change in response to market forces. However, our terms and conditions will always be published on the website and available to read at the office prior to any training. If you have any queries please contact us on 01206 860006 or email@example.com
All information passed to Colchester Kawasaki will be treated as confidential. As such, no information will be shared with any other companies or organisations unless express permission has been granted by the customer. Certain information that may be seen to be relevant for future liaison with customers may be kept on record. Private information will be disposed of once no longer of use. All data held meets the requirements set down in the Data Protection Act.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE IMPORTANT SO PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ THEM. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOU UNDERSTAND OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS PRIOR TO BOOKING.